First Impressions: Crafting the Perfect Instagram Bio
What’s the first thing you see when you click on a new Instagram account? The bio. Which arguable makes it the most important factor to consider when building your brand. It’s where your future consumers will learn who you are, what you do, and why they should follow you. It is your first branding opportunity, and the north star that all your content should point to. In order to create a compelling first impression on Instagram, there are a few things that have become essential to growing your following.
1. Make sure you have a username that is simple and to the point. Your full name or brand name is perfect. This allows users to quickly find you on Instagram once they have heard your name or brand.
2. Add your occupation, location, and contact information. This will allow new users to find out what you are about quickly and give them a way to email or call you without any hassle.
3. Place a link in your bio. This is one most effective way to drive traffic to a website or blog. Placing a link will allow users to find out more about you and what you’re passionate about in just a click.
4. Add Emojis. These fun emoticons will make your profile instantly more fun and relatable.
5. Add hashtags and username links. Personalized hashtags of your brand will help users see more of what you are about. Also, if you have another account that you want to link followers, Instagram will allow you to place a link that leads straight to that account.
6. Make sure that you add Instagram Story highlights. Instagram recently allowed users to save their old stories for more than 24 hours. This will heavily increase your engagement and enable users to find even more of your content.